In order to participate in a WCCCSA program, you must have:
- Completed at least 12 credits at your home institution
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher
- A valid passport to travel outside of the US
- We ask you to disclose any need for accommodation (physical, psychological, and/or academic).
- You should be 18 years and older (see your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator if you are younger).
- Study abroad means just that – study while living abroad. While WCCCSA wants you to take advantage of your international experience and have fun, keep in mind that the programs are academic!
- You are required to take 15 credits during you study abroad program (summer programs usually require 5 credits). We expect you to attend classes, do homework, and take tests just as if you were on campus. All grades are reported to the registrar and calculated into your overall GPA, whether they count toward graduation or not.
STEP 1: Meet with your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator.
STEP 2: Gather all application materials.
- WCCCSA Preliminary Application (.pdf)
- One-page personal essay describing the reasons why you want to study abroad, what you hope to accomplish on your journey, and how you hope to incorporate this experience into your future academic or career plans
- Two letters of recommendation; one must be from a faculty member
- Current unofficial transcripts
STEP 3: Bring all application materials to your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator.
STEP 4: If your WCCCSA application is approved by your institution, your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator provide you with the next steps in the enrollment process.
STEP 5: Complete and return any additional forms and pay your non-refundable deposit.
STEP 6: Pay your program fees and tuition by the payment deadlines.
STEP 7: Get ready to go! Make your travel arrangements and attend your pre-departure orientation!