Ready to Explore the World?
Follow these steps to sign up
Contact your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator to learn more about studying abroad with WCCCSA and check that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Completed at least 12 college credits at your home campus
- Have the ability to obtain a valid passport or travel documents to travel outside the USA
- Be 18 years or older by the start of the program (see your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator if you are younger; you may still be able to participate in certain programs)
Submit the online preliminary application form.
The online application will require you to:
- Upload your unofficial transcripts.
- Provide the names and email addresses of two (2) people who will each provide a letter of recommendation for you. At least one must be from a faculty member.
- Upload your essay (if you are applying for a WCCCSA-specific study abroad program, your essay will also be reviewed by a committee for consideration for a WCCCSA study abroad scholarship).
Essay Requirements: Your essay needs to be double-spaced. The length should be between 700-1000 words and address all four questions listed below.
- What do you hope to accomplish while studying abroad?
- How does your study abroad program relate to your academic and future professional goals?
- What do you think the biggest challenges will be for you to live in a new country and culture for 1-3 months?
- What obstacles, financial or otherwise, have you faced in your decision to study abroad?
Wait to be contacted by your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator about next steps in the application process.
Your essay, transcripts, academic records, and any disciplinary records will be used to evaluate your aptitude to successfully participate in a study abroad experience.
You may be required to attend an advising appointment or interview to further discuss your application.
Complete the program provider’s application and any other required forms or information they may need and pay your non-refundable deposit by the deadline.
Every program is different and the deposit amount and application materials for each program may also be different (but may include housing forms or medical forms). Always check with your study abroad coordinator.
Enroll in classes through your home campus; your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator will provide more details about this step.
Pay all program fees and tuition by the payment deadlines.
Get ready to go! Make your travel arrangements and attend the Pre-Departure Orientation!