For quarter-long WCCCSA-specific programs, WCCCSA awards two $1,000 scholarships to selected program participants. For short-term summer WCCCSA-specific programs, WCCCSA awards two $500 scholarships to selected program participants. Unfortunately, these scholarships are not open to students participating in affiliate study abroad programs offered by specific community colleges. To find out more about this scholarship opportunity and how to apply, contact your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator.
WCCCSA Scholarship Rules
1. You must have applied to a WCCCSA study abroad program and paid the deposit in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
2. You must write an essay on a topic chosen by the WCCCSA Scholarship Committee. You will find more information about the essay on the application form (below). The essay must be typed and submitted by 5pm on or before the original application deadline for your program. Note that the scholarship application deadline will not be extended even if the program application deadline is extended.
Quarter-long programs: WCCCSA-Scholarship-Application-Study-Abroad
Short-term summer programs: WCCCSA-Scholarship-Application-SUMMER-Study-Abroad
3. Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Pre-Departure Orientation.
4. Each scholarship recipient must agree to help WCCCSA promote the study abroad program after they have completed their program. The assignment given to them will require no more than four hours of work and will be a project mutually agreed upon by both the award recipient and the WCCCSA campus coordinator. Projects may include (but are not limited to):
- Presenting or sharing of photos and personal reflections of your study abroad
- Helping with Pre-Departure Orientation of the next program
- Talking with classes or clubs on your campus to help promote study abroad
- Making a video to help promote study abroad
- Visiting other nearby campuses to talk about study abroad
WCCCSA Scholarship Chair